photo of graduating students at graduation ceremony

Application for Degree

After successful completion of NE 231, Nuclear Engineering majors a "Graduation Planning Workshop" hold will appear on your student account. This workshop will review upcoming department opportunities such as the shared credit program, departmental honors, and planning out the next 2-3 semesters for graduation.

Students must sign up for the graduation planning workshop.

Graduation FAQs

Q: Where do I get my cap and gown and other graduation items?

A: Caps, gowns, cords, hood, announcements and other accessories for graduation are available at the UNM Bookstore.

Q: What is the difference between Commencement and SOE Convocation?

A: Commencement at theDreamStyle Arena, aka The Pit Degree candidates are required to wear graduation regalia. The President presides over the ceremony and will officially confer your degree upon you. Please click this sentence for more information.

SOE Convocation is a celebration ceremony to specifically honor SOE students. Family and friends are cordially invited to attend. Cap, gown, and hood are the appropriate dress for graduates. "civilian" dress is also acceptable.

Q: Will my name automatically be printed in the Commencement Program?

A: Prospective degree recipients who have submitted their Application for Degree will automatically be printed in the commencement and convocation programs. Students who have a privacy flag set in their student record will NOT be printed in the programs. The names of those graduates who have privacy flags set in their student records will NOT be printed in the commencement program unless they do one of the following:

  • Prior to April 13, 2018: Contact the Office of the Registrar at the campus they attend to have their privacy flag removed. Picture ID is required. Or
  • Prior to April 20, 2018: Sign a "Limited Privacy Waiver" in the Office of the Secretary (Scholes Hall, Rm 103). Picture ID is required.

Q: What are the requirements to receive honors?

A: There are three different honors designations for undergraduates. These are Departmental Honors, University Honors, and Baccalaureate Honors. Learn more about each of these honors

Q: How and when do I get my diploma?

A: Diplomas are delivered via USPS to the address on file with the UNM Registrar. If you would like to have your diploma held for pick up you need to contact the UNM Registrar.

You may check and update the address you have on file in the UNM Portal here

Additional information regarding UNM Graduation

School of Engineering Convocation information

Graduation details